Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TRUST YOUR FINANCES TO GOD'S PROVISION


by Rick Warren

God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 (NIV)


Everybody has financial fears. You don't have to be poor to get anxious about money. You don't have to be on welfare to have financial fears. In fact, it seems the more you have the more you have to maintain, to insure, to protect, to worry over.

But God gives us a guarantee regarding our finances. Philippians 4:19 says, "God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." This verse is so packed! I want you to notice several words.

First it says, "God will..." It doesn't say, "He might meet your needs" it says "He will." It's a fact. He's staking His character and His reputation on it. "I will meet your needs."

Then it says, "God will meet all..." It doesn't say "I'll meet some of your needs" He says all. Does that include car payments? Braces? Home? Yes. All your needs.

It doesn't say "I'll meet all your greeds." There's a difference between needs and wants. God's not going to give you everything you want; you'd be spoiled to death.

But it says, "I will meet all your needs" according to His wealth, His riches. It's not based on your assets. It's based on what God has and He doesn't run out of resources.

Finally he says "... for you in Christ Jesus." This is not a promise for everybody. God has not promised to meet the needs of people who reject His Son. This is a promise only for believers. He says, "If you're one of my children, in my family, I promise to meet all your needs."

Then how come you have financial needs? Did God fail? Did He lie? Exaggerate? No. With every promise there are conditions or requirements. There are things God says, "I'll do my part and you do your part."

God says if you meet the following five conditions, then he will meet your financial needs -

If I ask for his help.
If I learn to be content.
If I practice giving in faith.
If I maintain financial integrity.
If I trust him with my life -- completely.


No comments: